This is one of my all-time favorite dish… easy to cook and tastes divine ! when you are feeling lazy and still want to eat some good home cooked food .. thai need curry with rice is the best dish to go for. Ive altered and added some ingredients to suit my taste so add / remove if you don’t like something . It will still taste awesome !
Recipe for Thai Red Curry
Cooking time : 20 mins, Preparation time :10 mins
Chopped vegetable – cut 3/4 inch big sizes of yellow, red , green capsicum, tomato , zucchini, broccoli, cucumber (optional) . Sliced onions , 1 green chily and mushrooms cut in half .
Condensed coconut milk – 1 cup
Thai Red curry paste
Black sesame seeds
Oil, Salt, Pepper
Fresh Thyme (optional)
Fresh Parsley (optional)
1. Heat oil and add a teaspoon of mustard seeds. Let them crackle.
2. Fry onions till they are brown . Add thinly sliced green chilly . Stir a little and then add all chopped vegetables all at once to the onions .
3. Put some salt , pepper , sesame seeds and stir for a minute . Add thyme & parsley .
4. Add coconut milk and some water and let the broth simmer.
5. Add Thai red curry paste and stir for 2-3 minutes.
6. Cover with lid . Add water if you need to make it thin or coconut water to thicken.
7. Cook for 3-4 minutes till all veggies are crisp but cooked,
8. Serve Hot with saffron rice . ”